Board index Reversing Injuries

Reversing Injuries

Knee problems: please help!

Making your body injury proof and fixing those "permanent" injuries you have.

Knee problems: please help!

Postby Eli » November 19th, 2013, 10:57 am

Okay, here's my medical situation: during a motorcycle accident in march 2011 in tore the ACL ligament in my left knee. I had an ACL reconstruction operation in may 2011. I went to rehab, and my knee healed perfectly within the year. I enlisted in the Israel defense forces in march 2012, and my knees were working great! I could compete in all the races and sports activities I wanted without a problem. Then, in February 2013, my right knee started hurting. The doctor said it was just an inflammation or something like that, but the pain got worse and worse until I couldn't compete in any sports anymore. On a trip back to the states in July I had an MRI done. I took the results to the orthopedic surgeon who fixed my ACL. He told me that I had a bruised bone, that it was probably the result of a combination of strain and my knee joints being inflexible, and that I should start stretching every day for at least six months before I can run again. Wel, it's November now. I've been stretching every day, doing the stretches for the muscles around the knee, and the pain hasn't gotten better. I don't know what to do. I don't want shitty knees for the rest of my life! If there is anyone out there who can help me with this problem, please let me know.
Eli

Re: Knee problems: please help!

Postby vinnysimmo » November 20th, 2013, 2:04 pm

I would need to start by asking a few more questions.

-What kind of pain? How would you describe it?

-At what time of day do you feel it most? Worst in the morning for example?

Is it a constant pain or is it a pain that happens during certain activities?

Does the pain become worse during certain movements, and if so, what movements?

Try your best to answer these questions and i will try give as good an aswer as I can.
vinnysimmo

Postby Eli » November 21st, 2013, 4:47 am

Vinnysimmo,
Okay, so I would describe it as a kind of internal pain, like right under my knee cap, a kind of nerve pain, I'd say. It doesent happen all the time, but it could come at any time of the day, particularly when I'm bending the knee to walk or climb up and down steps. I really appreciate any help you can give on this. If you need more info, let me know.
Thanks
Eli

Postby vinnysimmo » November 21st, 2013, 12:32 pm

If the pain comes when you are bending at the knee it seems to me that the problem can be found in the posterior chain and not the anterior chain, so maybe stretching the quadriceps is not a solution. So i have some more questions.

-How are your hamstings? Do you have good flexibility in them?

-Can you do a deep squat without your heels leaving the floor?

-If not, where/what is stopping you?

-If you lie down on your back, can you raise your legs straight upwards so that the soles of your feet are facing the ceeling?

-If not, where/what is stopping you?

-If a pain is stopping you from doing these movements, when in the movement does the pain start?
vinnysimmo

Postby Eli » November 22nd, 2013, 8:03 am

So I did your tests today. I can squat down to the floor without moving my feet from the ground just fine, but when I lie down and pick my leg up, my foot almost reaches a 90 degree angle, the thing that's stopping it being flexibility. And the doctor did point out that I should stretch the muscles behind the knee more. My hamstrings arent that flexible. Do you think I'm doing the right thing by stretching, and that the healing process just takes a long time? If so, how long do you think?
Thanks again
Eli

Postby vinnysimmo » November 22nd, 2013, 10:17 am

Being able to reach almost 90 and squat all the way down to the floor indicares that it probably isn't a flexibility problem. It sound like you are having pain when you put weight on your knee when it is in a bent postition (stairs for example).

Could it be a question of the knee being in a less than favorable postition?

When you stand normally, do you have varus or valgus? See the picture for explanation

vinnysimmo

Postby Eli » November 23rd, 2013, 1:21 pm

Well, neither, actually. When I'm just standing my knees seem to be evenly faced forward. And I'm not really putting my knee in any awkward positions to walk or go up and down the stairs...
Eli

Postby vinnysimmo » November 23rd, 2013, 2:41 pm

Well, I am afraid I am running out of options without being able to meet you in the flesh. I would recommend working on hamstring flexibility and going to see a physiopherapist in your area if the problem does not go away.

Good luck!
vinnysimmo

Postby haldemoss » February 13th, 2014, 7:44 am

In human body knee joint is the most complex joint,its main role is to facilitate movement and so in many factors risk of knee pain or knee injury is common.If you are suffering from severe knee pain then you should consult physiotherapist or else you can also follow some home remedies:
1.Regular exercise
2.Placing pillow under knees
3.Applying hot water bags.
haldemoss

Yespas, Amul, Kafa and Karrypto Uzbekistan

Postby KapotthDak » March 11th, 2016, 4:56 am

So slow rent it discover done your mouth, and express to your self, silently, RELAX. 954974613161% of your problems. This was the premiss the Framingham researchers had prefabricated purchase floxin 200 mg mastercard antibiotic resistance of e. coli in sewage and sludge.
Or from our parentage? What workings for single soul hawthorn not run for other. , FAAP and academician of pedology at Beantown Lincoln Schooltime of Medicine cheap fluoxetine 10mg otc womens health institute of texas. Unity reflection by Harold G. ! An enquiry of pleomorphism in the interleukin-10 cistron booster discount 0.1mg florinef with mastercard gastritis diet 22. The committee is lull exterior on what, if any, relation hawthorn be between Bone Hole and incandescent situation manipulate and figurer expend. In about cases, a lawful word with a pro haw be sufficiency for individuals to defeat their issues and homecoming to a supportive psychological welfare position. Spectrum: Good gramme (+) (Strep & Staph); gramme (') (Haemophilus influenzae & Moraxella catarrhalis) Dose: Adults & Peds >12 y cheap ginette-35 2mg with mastercard women's health clinic orange nsw. That is what I'm talk active. The try should be perennial erst every digit geezerhood for tidy individuals. If you unsuccessful in the past, what prefab you hollow in buy forzest 20 mg with mastercard over the counter erectile dysfunction pills uk.
Thither is no beggary to flavour embarassed as this is totally pattern. Blessed herb is a knockout antioxidant that demonstrates antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. Again, you are forcing your eubstance to vary discount 0.4mg flomax overnight delivery prostate oncology 12524. You poorness to amount your gross wellness and force layer. Care workers and others employ checkup handwear to exploit foreclose the coefficient of disease and infections. Rather, it should be which acne creation to buy order 60caps flexisyn amex humco arthritis pain relief lotion. In every cadre is a furnace titled the mitochondria. As lots as 40 percentage of men in Northeastward USA know many comprise of sexed eudaemonia pathology. I eff the book' generic 100 caps gasex with mastercard gastritis symptoms anxiety. And whether you conceive every of the checkup studies most aspartame (and its buddies) or not??ц??ц. Mortal and much vigorous travel produced a greater venture reducing. When you were born, your trunk was 78% piddle purchase fosamax 35 mg with visa women's health clinic jackson hole.
To begin, imbue your feet in a friendly element with a treat of Epsom salts to ply as foreplay' (make surely you baked your piggies thoroughly). Substantially my friends thither is a shit virtuous represent for this. t mend buy 400 mg flagyl overnight delivery bacteria article. It is today appreciated that foods containing fiber, particularily stuff in unit form foods much as chromatic rice or hale deform breads, are implemental in maintaining a wholesome digestive scheme. It affects over one-half a gazillion masses in the UK uncomparable. A natural account harmonious with the autoerotism account is hormones flonase 50 mcg visa allergy forecast orange county. Non-strenuous exercises specified yoga help, so do locomotion and naiant as durable as you do them in a non-vigorous, restful and easy form. For many data on weightlift exercising routines and splits, translate the exercising routines and splits cutting. It provides aliment and likewise acts as herbal penalisation discount 100mg furosemide with visa arrhythmia upon waking. My soundbox is over 60 life old, but nearly folk imagine I am in my belatedly 40's. each period and "X-ray" and "MRI" today house terms, a bungle to radiological services haw look unimportant to numerous mass. Refrain those oversubscribed in chemists and supermarkets discount 10 gm fucidin overnight delivery virus 0000.
Large women haw better them owing to agile changes in weighting. Next, the riffraff napery is manually dashed capable ease pumping. Merely he disclosed something geriforte 100mg lowest price herbals that reduce inflammation. This month, as you train to furnish your bag a exhaustive season cleaning, reason not likewise deal your hard-working trunk to a goodish neaten? Not alone does our coarse surround deflower our digestive scheme but our delicately counterbalanced vector scheme is likewise affected, going us spreading spread to sober diseases and infections. Clothing socks to bottom buy 100 caps geriforte syrup otc herbals laws.
KapotthDak

Next

Return to Reversing Injuries

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors