Board index Adding Muscle

Adding Muscle

NO-Xplode

Topics related to losing 100+ pounds, ab exercises that actually work and Occam’s Protocol.

NO-Xplode

Postby pjthompso » March 26th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Is anyone using No-Xplode? I have been using it for about 5 weeks now but seem to have developed diahorrea. Everything was fine for the first month but last week was a disaster. On the days I dont take it everything is fine. On the days I do - there is a huge problem.
Following Geek To Freak
Progress so far - http://www.geektofreak.org
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/pjthompso
pjthompso

Re: NO-Xplode

Postby Blayne » March 27th, 2011, 12:14 am

pjthompso wrote:Is anyone using No-Xplode? I have been using it for about 5 weeks now but seem to have developed diahorrea. Everything was fine for the first month but last week was a disaster. On the days I dont take it everything is fine. On the days I do - there is a huge problem.

Haven't used NO-Xplode, but using a similar product called Superpump with no negative effects. You might try an different Nitric Oxide supplement and see if they all cause you the same problems. Jack3d is another popular NO supplement I've heard good things about.

I assume you are only taking NO-Xplode on workout days??
6-1, 41 y/o male
SCD Jan 2-Feb 13 '11 (BW: ~193)
Modified SCD start Feb 13 '11(BW: ~185)
Stats:
7/2/11: 179lb, 10.3% BF (based on hydrostatic test)
10/20/11: 185lb, ~10.5% BF
Dec '12: 194lb, ~11-12% BF (bulking phase)
Blayne
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby pjthompso » March 27th, 2011, 9:36 am

Yes - I am taking No Xplode on workout days. Yesterday I didn't take it - it was like going to gym without a security blanket. It didn't make as much difference as I thought it would. My weights and reps were the same.

Despite not taking any supplements or shakes, I still had diarrhea yesterday.
Maybe its a ketosis thing or maybe a bug.
Following Geek To Freak
pjthompso

Postby carbslow » March 27th, 2011, 5:35 pm

NO-Xplode is amazing for going to the gym, but I find I crash later in the day when I take it, and I develop a quick dependency on it for future gym outings. Haven't tried it will on 4HourBody, but I may add it once I hit my fat loss goals.
carbslow

Postby hawkeyejw » March 29th, 2011, 2:49 pm

Superpump 250 (or SP250) as recommended by Blayne is a good alternative. Just don't take it too close to bedtime! I had some major problems getting to sleep & very strange dreams once I got there when I took it!

Another option is Animal Pump by Universal, which makes it easy to remove the stimulant if you work out later in the day or don't want it - just don't swallow the red pill!
hawkeyejw

Postby gunsofthenavarone » April 4th, 2011, 12:30 pm

I've actually taken several of these supplements, including NO-Xplode, Superpump 250, and Monster Pump. Honestly, I thought they had more of a negative effect than anything. Generally these drinks make me have a bowel movement about 30 minutes after drinking it, often times mid-workout. My body adjusted some to it, but it was a recurring problem. I think I had the biggest problem with NO-Xplode. I thought the most effective was Superpump 250 (the Orange is pretty good), and Monster Pump was delicious but less effective.

Honestly, and this is based on my personal opinion and experimentation with supplements of this sort, I'd recommend not taking these supplements as a means of building muscle. If you're having problems with maintaining energy throughout your workout, they may be a good option but I first would recommend toughing it out. I've found that I become very dependent on these types of drinks, they often make me shaky, and I don't get a lot of gains. Generally, I think my biggest energy drain in the gym is my mental state, so if I can keep that in check and really think about and plan my workout before showing up in the gym, my head is on straight by the time I start and I'm ready to knock out the workout and get on with my day.

If you're not seeing the results you want with the workouts outlined in the book, you could check out the workouts for MaxOT. I've seen huge gains historically trying this workout. I went from benching 3 sets of 225x6 to 3 sets of 255x5 in about 8 weeks. The workouts are 5 days a week and last about 45 minutes each. If you google around, you can find plenty of information on it.
gunsofthenavarone

Postby pjthompso » April 12th, 2011, 2:21 am

Thanks gunsofthenavarone

I am doing workouts without No-Xplode at them moment, to see how it goes.
Following Geek To Freak
pjthompso

Postby Blayne » April 13th, 2011, 3:00 am

NO supplements definitely seem to have a wide range of differing effects on different people. I've trained with no supplements of any kind, with things like ABB's Speed Stack or Ripped Force or a simple energy drink, and now with NO boosters. Of all of those, the NO boosters have the most positive impact on me. I cannot say that I've tried that many different NO products (only SuperPump 250 and Max), but I'm going to try NO-Xplode this week to see how it compares (got a free sample of it earlier this week).

I would suggest cycling any of these products to make sure your body has a chance to flush it out of your system and get back to a good baseline. This should make the products work better as well.
6-1, 41 y/o male
Stats:
Blayne
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Timdog1650 » April 13th, 2011, 1:18 pm

It's good stuff and has the benefit of not containing geranium root extract (1,3 dimethyamylamine). A lot of people talk trash about BSN stuff saying it's overpriced and underdosed, but I have found NO Xplode effective both as a creatine supplement, morning coffee replacement (during a creatine cycle only), and as a pre-workout NO product.

It has creatine, so using is for longer than 8 weeks without a break is not recommended. Biggest complaint is pretty standard in the supplement world: "Proprietary blend" labeling that does not disclose the amount or proportion of ingredients.
Timdog1650

Postby Blayne » April 16th, 2011, 12:47 am

I used NO-Xplode today for the first time ever, taking it about 30 minutes before my OP B workout. My overal energy level during and after my workout was good, along the lines of what I have experienced on SuperPump250 or Max. I didn't get quite as much of a pump or an increase in vascularity. And it did leave me very jittery for the first 2 hours or so. In all fairness though, I had a few rough times with Superpump the first few times I used it too, with similar jitteryness.

I did notice a more significant crash in the afternoon and evening on NO-Xplode than from SuperPump. And I had a bit of an upset stomach for a while this evening. Nothing severe, but not normal, and not something I get when using Superpump. It's about 11:30pm now (I took it at 9:30am this morning) and all issues seem to be gone.

No problems with bowel movements/diarrhea or anything along those lines, which I have also never experienced with SuperPump.

I did make a slight mistake when preparing the drink this morning - I was using a sample packet, and dumped the whole packet into about 12 ounces of water. Right before I started mixing it up, I noticed a note on the packet saying "this packet contains two servings." Oooops!!! I was able to remove about half of the powder from the drink (it was still sitting on top, and had not contacted the water yet), so I think I got about one servings's worth.

So all in all, nothing really bad to say about NO-Xplode, but I'll give it one more try before making my final judgement. As it stands right now, I would say I would take Superpump over NO-Xplode, due to the better "pump" effect, and lack of side effects later in the day. Other than that, probably a draw.

SuperPump does taste better than NO-Xplode IMO, but this is probably my least important criteria.

FWIW, I hit new max's for both my chest press and leg press today, taking the chest press from a starting weight in early February of 115 up to 225 today (8.3 reps), and leg press from a start at 140 up to today's 240 (12.5 reps).
6-1, 41 y/o male
Stats:
Blayne
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Adding Muscle

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors