Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

PAGG/Garlic Question

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

PAGG/Garlic Question

Postby Kevin D » March 21st, 2011, 7:05 pm

I bought all of the supplements that Tim recommends in the book. I'm in sales, and noticed that I couldn't help but to reek like garlic from the pills. I had to stop taking them. Has anyone else noticed this??

Do the Pareto Nutrition PAGG pills have this side effect?
Kevin D

Re: PAGG/Garlic Question

Postby admin » March 21st, 2011, 9:23 pm

I just looked on their site and towards the bottom of their home page I found this:

What about the garlic extract? You'll find different products use different methods of extraction. We use aged garlic extract (AGE) which is what got Tim the best results. It also doesn't give you garlic breath the way a lot of extracts on the market will.

I sent an email to them to confirm this.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Referrals: 3

Postby pareto » March 21st, 2011, 11:37 pm

That's right Brian, we use an aged garlic extract which is what Tim recommends in the book. If you're trying to build your own stack the garlic can be one of the trickiest parts since there are different types garlic on the market, and some of the methods companies use to reduce the garlic smell don't work so well. Usually people have more issues with 'deodorized' garlic than aged garlic.

Aged garlic is macerated and aged in water and alcohol. The aging process all but eliminates the garlic odor and intestinal irritation. If you want to replace the garlic you have now, I'd recommend something from Kyolic which is a company that really pioneered AGE decades ago. If you really want to make it easy on yourself try clicking the link to the right and using our PAGG Stack which takes the guesswork out of it for you, and requires you to swallow only 4 pills a day.
pareto

Postby FMFBlogger » March 22nd, 2011, 9:05 am

I can confirm that you don't smell like garlic. I've been taking it for 3 weeks.

-j
---------------------------------
Fitness isn't a race, it's a journey.
Check out my Slow-carb recipes!
Twitter: FMFBlogger
Facebook: Finding My Fitness
My Progress Log on 4HBT
FMFBlogger
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Referrals: 416

Postby Blayne » March 22nd, 2011, 10:38 am

I've been using Garlicin (brand suggested by Tim) for 2+ months, no garlic odor from me or the product.

I don't know if it's physiologically possible, but maybe your body reacts to garlic differently than others, and emanates some odor of garlic in response to these supps?? You should try some other brands and see what happens.
6-1, 41 y/o male
SCD Jan 2-Feb 13 '11 (BW: ~193)
Modified SCD start Feb 13 '11(BW: ~185)
Stats:
7/2/11: 179lb, 10.3% BF (based on hydrostatic test)
10/20/11: 185lb, ~10.5% BF
Dec '12: 194lb, ~11-12% BF (bulking phase)
Blayne
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby kBerg » March 22nd, 2011, 12:51 pm

I've been using Garlicin too and no stink at all! The pills are also nicely coated so I don't gag on them.
kBerg

Postby drheather » October 21st, 2011, 3:03 pm

I have had odor issues with the Garlicin so thinking of trying the Pareto product-much simpler than juggling 4 different pills if it doesn't have the same issue. For me, even cutting back to one garlic pill/day didn't resolve the issue. Guess we are all different in our metabolism!
drheather

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors