Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

Cholesterol results after 90 days on SCD

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

Cholesterol results after 90 days on SCD

Postby kBerg » March 21st, 2011, 2:54 pm

I just got my lipid panel results back after 90 days on SCD. The last time I had this test done I was 6 years younger and 10 lbs thinner. Some background info:

*38 yo female, daily exerciser (even when chubby)
*always had a diet that could be described as healthy
*current weight 163, weight at start of SCD 173
*heart disease runs in both sides of my family

My previous test results from 6 years ago were overall cholesterol 190, triglycerides 60, LDL 80. I remember being freaked out about the total number but my doc said he'd kill for my breakdown and not to worry about it.

My current test results are overall cholesterol 153 (<200 good), triglycerides 43 (<150 good), HDL 63 (>40 good), LDL 81 (<100 good). The only thing I find troubling is that my LDL seems a little high. It bears monitoring.

Now that I have my own evidence, I have a lot more confidence in the health benefits of avoiding sugar and starches for cardiac health, even while eating more red meat and eggs. I believe the science behind the old school heart healthy diet (high carb, little to no meats, very low fat) is likely flawed. I'll probably be sticking to this diet for good. Given my family history, I also plan to keep track of my numbers.
kBerg

Re: Cholesterol results after 90 days on SCD

Postby wubai » March 21st, 2011, 9:30 pm

Your numbers are great. ldl under 100 is not considered high, your hdl is higher then your tryglicerides which means your ldl particles are not the dangerous kind.
wubai

Postby stevevetter » March 22nd, 2011, 10:48 am

your numbers look good. The latest thinking anyway is that the ratio of HDL to Triglycerides is far more important as an indicator of heart and/or arterial issues than LDL or total cholesterol.
stevevetter

Postby Spincycle » March 22nd, 2011, 1:58 pm

Wow, that's fantastic! So glad to see this, my husband has cholesterol levels very similar to yours before, and I've convinced him to try a SCD, at least he's changed up his breakfast and is eating less carbs. He'll get his cholesterol checked in 2 weeks, so I'm curious to see if there have been any changes for him too. I am more and more convinced too that the conventional wisdom is wrong, and it's the carbs and sugar, not the fat and protein causing high cholesterol and other health/weight issues.
Spincycle

(пробывал и друие биосы)

Postby Mylenebix » March 27th, 2016, 10:24 pm

[img]http:///pr/photo/3750.jpg[/img]

?????? ???? ?? ??? Experimenter 2015 Это просто Дьявольский раскладЕсли раньше такой рывок Дьяволов казался эфемерной мечтой, то теперь у меня с каждым матчем растет не радость за сокрращаемое расстояние до 8го места, а опасения за ресурс "движка". .
canon lide 20 Ставлю на ноут Dell XPS M1210, i945, c2d 7200, 2Gb, GF7400. Сегодня или завтра перезалью торрент с новой версией клиента .
accept udo После выхода на первоисточнике.
лава Перуну, чо. аудиокнига наемник его величества скачать
Серии игр Жду щё продолжение игры, там где мы каратистом играем, игра наподобии масс эффекта и пр. то есть здесь уже не будет?? .
Ну может он имел вв
нУ а я про чО.
или амер.
Установил как ндо
Здравствуй, дорогая Лита!
Mylenebix

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors