Board index Progress Logs

Progress Logs

One Last Time? My Journey to Health

Create a log of your progress so others can see how you are doing and keep you motivated

Postby Robeerto » May 28th, 2014, 11:37 am

One last time? Well, it seems that every once in a while I get on a "I need to try a new diet" kick and then I buy a book or read something on the web and prepare myself, then I start and usually after about 2 or 3 days max it's over. I cheat, I make excuses, I quit.

I guess I'm always hoping that THIS time is the last time. Aren't we all? I've reached a sort of mid-life crisis since I'm 47, still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, and I'm unhappy with my body. I'm ready to scream.

I saw a FB post about losing 100 pounds, and the SCD from 4HB. It's pretty similar to what I recently tried just last month, but in a way much simpler. So I thought if I really ever wanted to do something, I just need to stop all the bullshit and just do it.

I've got a lot to gain. I'm on BP medicine as well as Rx for GERD. I stopped taking the triglycerides medicine as I refuse to pop too many pills and would rather do it the natural way, i.e. diet, exercise, etc. I'd love to stop taking meds altogether.

I'm almost 240 pounds, the most I've ever weighed. I though when I reached 220 that that would be my upper limit. Then 230. Now 240. If I keep this up I'll be 300 in no time. I have no love for my body.

Surprisingly my sex life is still there, although a lot less than pre-marriage as I'm sure just about everyone experiences. Still, I know I miss out on plenty of opportunities where I'm ready and she just isn't, but I keep reminding myself that because I'm so fat I don't deserve it anyway. Makes it easier to handle the "rejection" (I use quotes because it's hardly ever a No, just not a Yes).

My goal is to get to under 180 pounds, so I've got 60 pounds to lose. That's a lot. The thing with me is the small successes. If I do a diet for a week and lose 1 pound I might as well call it quits. I need immediate feedback.

Although I'm weak willed, I'll do my best to stick to the SCD. I think the cheat day actually helps, because you know that it's not all protein-protein-protein and that you get to enjoy a few bad things in moderation of course.

Anyway, my goal is to post replies to this thread weekly. I always say that for the different forums I join, but it rarely happens. But I'm hopeful that this time will be different. At least I'm going in with a positive attitude.

Wish me luck!
Start: 6/1/14, 238 pounds, TI 161 (14.5 arms, 46 mid, 42 waist, 22 legs), shirt XXL, pants 38+
Now: same
Robeerto

Re: One Last Time? My Journey to Health

Postby admin » May 28th, 2014, 1:31 pm

Good Luck Robeerto, and welcome to the forum.

Please do yourself one big favor though - don't make a decision on giving up after only one week. If this is important to you, give it your full attention and a legitimate effort. Tell yourself you're going to commit to 4 weeks, and at that time you can make a decision as to whether to continue or not. One week is not enough time to give your body a chance to respond. Some people see results very quickly, some not so much. But most people who try SCD and really give it a legit, 100% effort find that it works quite well.

So figure out if this is really important to you and if so, make a real commitment and give it 100% during that period of time.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Referrals: 3

Re: One Last Time? My Journey to Health

Postby Robeerto » May 28th, 2014, 1:37 pm

Well, lucky for me I seem to lose right away, then plateau for a couple of weeks, so the starting phase isn't always the hardest, it's the next few weeks.

Honestly, though, looking at the very simplified approach to eating, it fits extremely well into my lifestyle and my personal habits, so I think it will be easy to follow.

I'm 100% committed to doing it 100% throughout June and when I see the results, I'll keep doing it until I get to my ideal weight. I know I can do it.
Start: 6/1/14, 238 pounds, TI 161 (14.5 arms, 46 mid, 42 waist, 22 legs), shirt XXL, pants 38+
Now: same
Robeerto

Postby justhamade » August 9th, 2014, 1:34 am

How did it go for June and July?
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Return to Progress Logs

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors